Interesting facts about Social Media in 2019
Social media has already become an integral part of our day to day life. We use it to communicate with friends, participate with communities, share “stories”, and even for branding and marketing purposes. But how much of an influence does Social Media Networks have on us in respect to all these different areas?
Gaining insight into a quantitative and analytical outlook on social media integration can help us lead a healthier life, and understand its implications. On top of that, companies can use the data to optimize their marketing strategies. As such, for the purpose of this read, we have put together a short read going over some Awesome Facts and Stats on Social Media Networks 2019. Overview of Interesting facts about Social Media in 2019
Overview of Interesting facts about Social Media in 2019
Impact of Social Media
- 45% of the entire global population uses some sort of social media network.
- Facebook accounts for the maximum number of social media users.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp are the most used social messaging apps in 208 out of 234 countries with internet access.
- People spend one-third of their internet time, or around 2 hours and 16 minutes on social media platforms.
Social Media Use Based On Demographic
- The average age of social media users is around 30 years.
- 74% of US women and 62% of US men use Facebook.
- 41% of US seniors are Facebook users.
- 39% of women and 30% of men use Instagram in the U.S.
- Instagram is the most popular social media app among teens with 72% of all teenagers using the application.
Stats on Social Media Trends
- 1 billion people use stories across WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- 150 million people use Facebook Stories.
- 500 million people use Instagram stories.
- #fortnite was the fastest growing hashtag in 2018 on Instagram.
125 million hashtags were shared on Twitter in 2018.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
- 90% of marketers claim that social media awareness boosted their traffic inflow by 75%.
- 44% of local businesses rely on social media for generating brand awareness.
- 53% of businesses are onboard with social advertising.
- 98% of all businesses worldwide use Facebook.
- 2 million advertisers leverage Facebook stories for their social marketing campaigns.
- The global social media ad expense has increased by 32% in 2018.
- The average US Facebook user clicks on 8 Facebook ads per month.
- Twitter ad recall is higher for brands with consistent logo placement by over 60%.
84% of brands use Twitter for raising awareness.
Stats Related To Facebook
- Facebook has around 2.32 billion active monthly users making it the most popular social platform.
- The average reach of a Facebook post is 8% of the total page likes.
- Facebook live videos get 6 times more interactions than regular video content.
Around 74% of Facebook users are on the platform daily.
Stats Related To Instagram
- There are more than 1 billion Instagram users worldwide actively using the app every month.
- 600 million Instagram users access the app daily.
- 25 million accounts on Instagram are business profiles.
80% of Instagram users follow at least one business on the app.
Stats Related To Twitter
- Twitter has 321 million active users visiting the platform monthly.
- 46% of their user base visit the platform daily.
- Twitter users get some of their daily news from the platform.
Twitter has over 1.2 billion total video views per day.
More To Explore
Wearable Statistics And Facts For 2021
Industry report Overview of Wearable Statistics And Facts For 20211
Facebook live Statistics, Usage And Facts (2020 Report)
Industry report Overview of Facebook live Statistics, Usage And Facts
Industry report Overview of Web Hosting Statistics, Market share And