As of late 2016, mobile web traffic surpassed desktop traffic for the first time in history. As such, optimizing your adverts for mobile devices is necessary if you want to stay in the game. But with that being said, having a quantitative understanding regarding the impact of smartphones and mobile devices on the digital marketing ecosystem can be helpful. It will give you a clear and precise path to optimize your marketing campaigns for mobile platforms.
This is why we have put together a concise list of some of the most awesome and actionable mobile marketing statistics to help you become a more informed professional in the market. Even if you are a B2C company, a B2B company, or a digital marketing professional, these statistics will empower you to optimize your marketing strategies to take advantage of the current mobile trends.
And so, without further ado, here are 50+ Awesome Mobile Marketing Statistics for 2019. Overview of 50+ Surprising Mobile Marketing Statistics For 2019
Overview of 50+ Surprising Mobile Marketing Statistics For 2019
How Many People Are Using Mobile Phones?
- 48.2% of web traffic takes place through mobile devices.
- 57% of all web traffic in the US takes place through smartphones and tablets.
- 77% of all Americans own a smartphone.
- 95% of Americans own some kind of cellular device.
- More people own a cell phone than a toothbrush.
- By 2020, smartphone users are expected to reach 2.87 billion.
- 20% of millennials open an App 50 times a day.
Email Usage On Smartphones
- 75% of all Americans use their smartphones to check emails.
- 59% of all marketing emails are viewed using smartphones 2 to 3 times per week.
- Women interact with emails for 7 more minutes in comparison to the monthly average.
- 40% of users said that smartphones are their primary device for checking emails.
- 75% of all Gmail users access their emails on the Gmail mobile app.
Social Media Usage on Smartphones
- In 2017, 95.1% of all active Facebook users entered the platform from their mobile devices.
- 55% of all social media usage happens using smartphones.
- 85% of all Twitter users access the platform from their smartphones and tablets.
- 60% of LinkedIn Traffic is from mobile devices.
- Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active accounts and is the 6th ranked photo sharing app.
- 39% of all frequently used apps are social media apps.
- 51% of every teenager has at least one social networking app.
- Friend recommendations are the no. 1 influencer for purchases using social media channels.
WhatsApp has over 1.5 Billion active accounts with 450 million active daily users.
Customer Behaviour On Mobile Devices
- 51% of customers find new brands and products while browsing on their smartphones and tablets.
- 69% of people on the smartphones transact on sites that resolve their problems and provide answers to their queries.
- 46% of people avoid brands or websites that deliver bad mobile experience.
- Users consume media using their smartphones, 69% of the time.
- An American spends around 3 hours and 23 minutes per day on average consuming non-voice mobile media.
Video Marketing Statistics on Mobile Platforms
- 94% of people have their smartphones in hand while watching TV and focus on the screen for 53% of the time.
- More millennials use their mobiles to consume media in comparison to traditional television.
- More than 50% of all video consumption happens on mobile.
- 93% of all Twitter videos are viewed on mobile.
E-commerce Stats on Mobile Platforms
- Over 40% of all online transactions take place on mobile.
- Mobile searches for same-day shipping has gone up by 120% from 2015 to 2017.
- 67% of customers are likely to buy products from websites or apps that have information customized to their location.
- 91% of mobile users purchase products after seeing a relevant ad on their mobile devices.
- 35% of people browsing online stores using their smartphones spend more time than intended on the platform.
- 70% of teens make purchases using their mobiles every day.
Mobile Marketing Statistics For B2B Markets
- 80% of B2B executives browse products on their tablets in the evening.
- 60% of B2B buyers report that their mobile phones are a crucial part of recent transactions.
- Mobiles and smartphones account for 40% of all revenue generated by leading B2B organizations.
- Over 50% of all B2B search queries are made using smartphones.
- 90% of buyers become long term clients based on the mobile browsing experience.
The Growth In Mobile Advertising
- Mobile advertising is expected to account for 72% of all U.S. digital adverts.
- Advertisers currently allocate only 12% of their ad budget for mobile devices.
- 87% of Facebook Ad revenue is generated from mobile platforms.
- 68% of companies have integrated mobile ads in their marketing campaigns.
- 71% of marketers believe mobile ads are core to a successful marketing campaign.
Statistics on Mobile Search Volumes and SEO
- 35% of the times, the domains on the first page of the SERP are different when viewed from a mobile platform instead of desktop.
- 53% of all website visitors leave the site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- The average mobile webpage takes over 15.3 seconds to load.
- People use their mobile phones to search for answers they need immediately.
- Search queries with the term “open now” has tripped from 2015 to 2017.
- ⅓ of all mobile searches are related to location.
- Google powers 96% of all mobile search traffic, second to Yahoo at 2% and Bing at 1%.
- Google owns 95% of the market for all US paid searches.
- 75% of all Google mobile search ad revenue came from Phone users
More To Explore
Industry report Overview of Facebook live Statistics, Usage And Facts
Industry report Overview of Web Hosting Statistics, Market share And