Cryptocurrency Statistics, Graphs & Prices
Overview of 2022 Cryptocurrency Statistics, Graphs (& Live Prices)
- 1 Cryptocurrency Statistics, Graphs & Prices
- 1.1 More To Explore
- The global blockchain market size is expected to reach $17 trillion by 2025.
- Blockchain-based technology is expected to grow to over $2 billion by 2021
- 78.95% of cryptocurrency owners bought their coins, while the rest mined
- Between 3 million to 3.8 million Bitcoins are lost forever.
- Bitcoin accounts for $6 billion of daily transactions.
- The current market cap of Bitcoin sits at $621 billion.
- More than 40 million people worldwide use some type of cryptocurrency.
Some Statistics on Bitcoin:
Let’s start out this list with a focus on Bitcoin, the grand-daddy of all Cryptocurrencies. The digital currency was launched back in 2009. In this last ten years (approx.) it has seen a lot of ups and downs and broken a laundry list of records. Let’s take a look at some of it’s of impressive stats:
- There can be a maximum of 21 million BTC. Out of this 17.3 M BTC are already in circulation, as of September 2018.
- Satoshi Nakamoto, presumably own 980,000 BTC.
- Market Cap for Bitcoin, as of October 2018 is $122.4 Billion.
- Bitcoin dominates ⅓ of the cryptocurrency market.
- As of 2017, 96% of all bitcoin was own by just 4% of all three addresses.
- 25% of all bitcoins have been lost forever.
Cryptocurrencies Exchanges and ICOs
Along with bitcoins and cryptocurrencies, comes a lot of institutions surrounding these decentralized currencies. There are cryptocurrency exchanges from where investors can buy bitcoins and altcoins, as well as liquidate their digital assets.
Besides this, a new form of fund-raising platform unveiled itself involving cryptocurrencies called ICO – Initial Coin Offering. Here are some statistics on this matter.
Scams and Frauds Related to Cryptocurrency
As the common people become interested in the digital currencies, it opens up a new space for cybercriminals and malicious hackers to spread there nuisance. The cryptocurrency world is no stranger to scams and frauds. Here are some stats regarding the matter:
- Around $1.1 billion worth of cryptocurrency was stolen in the first quarter of 2018.
- Each day, $9 million worth of cryptocurrencies are lost in scams.
- The malware to steal cryptocurrencies cost as low as $1.04 from the dark web.
- 81% of ICOs that have a market cap of less than $50 million are most likely scams.
Popularity of Cryptocurrency
With Bitcoins paving the way forward, a lot of other cryptocurrencies made their debut which is collectively called altcoins. Since Bitcoin has become too expensive and includes a hefty processing fee, these altcoins have generated quite a buzz amongst investors. Not to mention that these altcoins, along with their blockchains, bring certain features which are proving to be extremely useful. Investlittle allows you to watch the coins trends movement live.
Here are some figures which will serve as a testament to the popularity of cryptocurrencies.
- 4.68% of millennials have invested in Cryptocurrencies of some kind.
- The figure is around 2.77% for Gen X, and 1.58% for baby boomers.
- 78.95% of all cryptocurrency owners have bought their digital currencies. The remaining have mined their share.
- Every 3 seconds, there is a post on social media talking about Bitcoins.
- Around 41800 people have invested at least $100 in cryptocurrencies.
- The Market Cap of all cryptocurrencies around September 2018 was $209.2 Billion.
- In 2017, over 914 new cryptocurrencies hit the market. This caused Bitcoin’s market share to be reduced by 38.6%.
So what happens to all the unsuccessful ICOs? Even still, what happens to the ICOs after they are found out to be frauds? All the crypto tokens get discarded by their investors. This causes their values to plummet below one cent – after which they are officially called DeadCoins. Here is some information regarding Dead Coins:
- As of now, over 1000 cryptocurrencies have failed or fizzled.
This is it for our list of the most amazing statistics on cryptocurrency. We hope you found this list to be helpful. It should give you an idea about the crypto world in a more quantitative manner.
Now, if you know some other amazing statistics on cryptocurrencies then please do share it in the comments section. Your fellow readers will appreciate your contribution and it will help add more value to the post.
More To Explore
Industry report Overview of Facebook live Statistics, Usage And Facts
Industry report Overview of Web Hosting Statistics, Market share And